EUROPÄISCHE ARBEITSGEMEINSCHAFT DER NIEDERGELASSENEN ÄRZTE EUROPEAN WORKING GROUP OF PRACTITIONERS AND SPECIALISTS IN FREE PRACTICE GROUPEMENT EUROPÉEN DES MÉDICINS EN PRATIQUE LIBRE
STATEMENT OF VIENNA
AGAINST THE EXPLOITATION OF HEALTH SYSTEMS AND HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
· Health systems are social and living systems
• Social and living systems are networked and highly nonlinear
• Such systems are governed by the laws of thermodynamics
• Power is work ( energy expenditure ) per time- unit
• Endurance capacity of man and his health systems is determined by the factor of the
" effort " that can be resumed to discomfort in the form of "fatigue" .
• Zero th Law of Thermodynamics : If a system A (service provider ) is in thermal equilibrium to a system B ( service consumer ) and B ( service consumer) to a system C ( service financier ) , then also A (service provider ) is in balance with C ( service financier ) . The state quantity , which is coincident within these systems is the temperature ( the higher the temperature of a body , the larger is the average speed rate of its particles )
• First law of thermodynamics : The energy of a closed system (human, health systems ) remains unchanged. Various forms of energy can therefore interconvert , but energy can neither be created out of nothing , nor can it be destroyed. No system does work without supplying any other form of energy and / or without reducing its internal energy.
• Second law of thermodynamics : heat can not pass by itself from a lower body temperature ( lower rate of speed of its particles ) to a body of higher temperature ( higher speed rate of its particles). For example, heat can not pass by itself from service providers to more and more demanding service consumers. Or: heat can not pass by itself from service consumers to increasingly demanding service financier ( insurances ). The inflation spiral and cranking the economy needs energy.
• Third law of thermodynamics : it is not possible to cool a system to the temperature of absolute zero. A person , or a health care system can not be cooled to absolute zero . ( its particle velocity magnitude is zero )
• From all that follows that one-sided money exploitation and profit maximation of the health systems through the financial industry while ignoring the laws of thermodynamics leads to overheating and burning out of people, to non-renewable yield of the energy content and reserves of the systems and to the eventual collapse of the health systems.
For this reason EANA protests vehemently against the disregard of the laws of thermodynamics by the current energy and money - exploitation-oriented financial industry and politics.
Vienna, December 7, 2013