MULTI-PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE TEAMS
- Published in Uncategorised
EUROPEAN WORKING GROUP OF PRACTITIONERS AND SPECIALISTS IN FREE PRACTICE
GROUPEMENT EUROPÉEN DES MÉDICINS EN PRATIQUE LIBRE
MULTI-PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE TEAMS IN AMBULATORY SETTINGS
1. Healthcare is getting increasingly complex in ambulatory settings.
2. The intervention of multiple health professionals with different but
complementary skills is needed in order to provide all facets of a
holistic care to the patients.
3. Multi-professional healthcare teams provide cost-efficient and higher
4. For the efficient functioning of multi-professional teams, common
goals are the indispensable basic.
5. Independency of each health-profession is linked with a proper
responsibility and liability.
6. Task-shifting within healthcare teams requires that the performing
healthcare professionals have appropriate training, experience and
skills and are under close supervision of a physician. Under no
circumstance may the quality of care delivered be compromised.
7. Physicians are best qualified to be the medical coordinators and
supervisors of multi-professional healthcare teams.
Adopted at the autumn meeting in Paris, November/December 2012